A Metal Trade fabricates pipe supports and components, including, but not limited to supports found in residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, nuclear and energy sectors.
A Metal Trade involves practical training provided on-the-job by a skilled worker or trainer. The skills or competencies to be developed through this training include:
- protecting self and others
- planning, preparing and setting up for job
- operating and maintaining hand and power tools
- operating and maintaining oxy-fuel equipment
- welding ferrous and non-ferrous materials